Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Moments From Our Journals

"I am passionate about helping people because I know everyone will hit a bump one day.  I really want to be there for them and hope somebody will help me when I hit my bump.  I never give up because I've given up before and I regretted it so much.  I owe it to my family who taught me how to deal with things.....I couldn't communicate with many people in Costa Rica, even my homestay mom.  Even though we smiled, I was not sure we were connected, but when we were playing games, I felt like we were closer than ever...it may have been the spirit of sports or the laughs we shared...but at the end, I felt like we were no longer strangers." - Kelly


"My first goal of this trip is for me to make myself mentally tougher.  This means I am going to tolerate the weather and complain less.  With a higher tolerance level, it will be easier for me to succeed in the future.  My secondary goal is to help the world.  By helping to build a classroom, we helped the local people.  Coming to a place like this allowed me to see a completely new place on Earth." - Jimmy


"Before this trip, I only wanted a hands-on job in the aerospace field because it seemed like a cool thing that would keep me active and interested in something I am passionate about.  As a result of this trip, I know that I want to help others enjoy starting to understand the unknown as much as I do." - Bria


"I've always wanted to run my own publishing company and make a magazine much like National Geographic.  After this experience, I want to make a magazine that showcases the positive sides of the world but also what needs to be fixed.  I want to show the world the extreme poverty, the lack of education and lack of basic resources that exist in some areas.  I am hoping my magazine will showcase the beauty of different cultures, but also the setbacks." - unknown


"I learned the dedication it takes to gain appealing rewards.  When I first got to Costa Rica, I did not believe that I could survive 10 days in this heat.  I learned that despite our bodies constantly sweating and becoming tired, mental state overpowers physicality.  With a strong mind, you can overcome many obstacles even if it seems impossible.  Although it is far from easy to maintain a strong mental state, this trip helped!" - Kellen

No comments:

Post a Comment