Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Reflection from Michael



Today in Costa Rica had been a very special and interesting day for me. The time we spent in the chocolate “factory” was the best, we saw the whole process of how chocolate was made and were allowed to taste it. Furthermore, we also tasted all these fresh fruits from the farm: white pineapple, star fruit and the bitter cashew apple. Later on we saw our host family. It was a little awkward in the beginning because they speak Spanish and I don’t, but it was still very nice to know them. They provided our lunch and I think it was traditional Costa Rican food: salad, beans, rice and meat. It is really nice to try different kinds of food. Last but not least, we helped the locals to rebuild their school for the children. It wasn’t easy but I enjoyed the time doing it because we all knew it is something right to do. Overall, today was great, we worked and we also had fun. Oh and it's my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment